Friday, September 30, 2016

Better Late Then Never


superhighway_square_860



At a conference in Mexico today (Sept. 27), the SpaceX founder and CEO unveiled the company's Interplanetary Transport System (ITS), which will combine the most powerful rocket ever built with a spaceship designed to carry at least 100 people to the Red Planet per flight.

If all goes according to plan, the reusable ITS will help humanity establish a permanent, self-sustaining colony on the Red Planet within the next 50 to 100 years, Musk said at the International Astronautical Congress in Guadalajara.

4 comments:

  1. O.K. I guess that's one approach to doing it. You could erect a spaceship in orbit around earth that makes round trips to Mars and have shuttles from the surface of both planets to the ship as well, in a Star Trek sans the transporter scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would immediately declare it the 7th most holy site in all of Islam and immediately declare war on all the Jews for its illegal occupation. Then I would go to the UN and demand they pass a resolution about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Starship Enterprise was run by two Jews and I never saw a muslim officer on the show.
      I'm not sure where I heard that, but I think it might have been from Obama's speech at Shimon Peres' funeral.

      Delete