Friday, May 8, 2015

Whiplash

whiplash2

This was a terrific film.

It is what I suppose one might call a morality play with an ambiguous ending.

Essentially it is the story of a young and talented drummer at an elite music conservatory and his relationship with a driven, but abusive instructor.

J. K. Simmons of Farmers Insurance fame plays the sadistic teacher and did, to my mind, an absolutely terrific job.

But, y'know, look at that face.

jk

It takes a special kind of person to have a face like that, I think.

It's a face Walter Matthau would love.

Anyway, Laurie and I are off to the southland tomorrow, so I will be in and out.

And don't worry, VB, I have not forgotten you.

{Patience is a virtue.}

Besides, there are perfectly innocent Largemouth Bass in Tennessee starting to get nervous.

1 comment:

  1. I still have to see this film. The subject interests me greatly for reasons I never discuss in online/political forums.

    ReplyDelete